Tuesday 5 May 2015

2015 Blog Introduction

Dearest repeat readers,
(and hello to the new ones too)


It has come to my attention that I have spent far too long away from doing the things I really love. So, today, I am revamping my blog and starting a-fresh, ready for my next adventure.

For those of you that do not know, I am Lucy Cunnington, I am 21 in June and I am going to Northern Arizona University (NAU) in August 2015 for the full academic year. This is through an organisation called ISEP. If your university is part of their program, you should take a look at the link above. If your university is not on the list, you should go and find your University Study Abroad Office. I'm pretty sure every university has one, but it might be like the one here which was very hard to find, so - Good luck!

If you are not at university but wish to study abroad then have a look at these two links: Prospects and StudyAbroad - though I would use them as a starting point only!

If you are looking for inspiration for your Gap Year or next holiday then please go to my Gap Year Content page and have a read of my previous blog posts. If you happen to be in the process of applying to university or are thinking about it, please also take a look at this link: NotGoingToUni - I found it today and really wish I had known about it before applying. University is great, but it also isn't for everyone so here are a few other options.

Here's a random pretty place I've been to to make this post more interesting.

So anyway, before I jet off to the big USA again, I will be doing 5 weeks and a minimum of 150 hours of "Work Based Learning" at the Study Abroad Office itself, here in Chester. My job for those 5 weeks is to blog about how I set up my Study Abroad Experience (flights, visa, application, etc.) and to create some short and snappy films for students such as my-previous-self to watch, in order to learn more about our study abroad options.

Follow this link to start reading about the Study Abroad Process and how to begin it yourself. After that, follow the links set up on the right hand side of my blog, under the title Study Abroad.

If by any chance you already have some burning questions about this or any other travel related things, please don't hesitate to email me at my brand new email address: lucyslocations@hotmail.com and I will do my best to either 1) reply personally to you or 2) write a blog post about your (anonymous, of course) question. Most of the time, people ask questions about things other people want to know the answer to as well, so this seems like the best way to format things.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Love,

Lucy xxo


No comments:

Post a Comment