Here's a list of the websites I used to plan my gap year:
- Ask all your relatives and friends if they have any contacts in any different countries (don't be shy)
- Start out by getting involved in an International Course, for example, I did International Camp in 2011
- Search for blogs like this one
- Look everywhere; newspapers, leaflets, the library etc.
- If you're at school or University, ask them, they usually have a few websites/people too
- Ask your Geography teacher, or any other people who might know relevant information
- Get involved with things like Duke of Edinburgh